Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 cups plus 2 tablespoon (406 g) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter cold and cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup + 4 teaspoons (6 ounces) light brown sugar using dark brown sugar should work
- 2 eggs lightly bean in a seperate bowl
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips original recipe calls for dark chocolate but semisweet was all I had! - chocolate is chocolate
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar Optional - I did not add this and felt the recipe worked great but feel free to add
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sift the flour into a medium bowl.
- Add in the baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix away.
- In a separate deep bowl, beat the butter until it forms into one lump. Drop in the sugar and beat for another few minutes until the sugar dissolves into the butter. - Butter will start to look soft!
- Lower the speed and mix in the eggs and vanilla. Beat beat beat! The batter will not be smooth - not to worry.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture from Step 1. I added in 3-4 lumps.
- Fold in chocolate chips!
- Divide the dough into 12 even lumps. Shape the dough into a ball but don't roll it! The lumps are the beauty for the cookie.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place cookie balls on top and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes. ( I baked one batch after 30 minutes and my second batch after 14 hours - same result!)
- Bake cookies for 15-20 minutes. Don't forget, cookies will continue to cook as they cool! They'll be super soft to touch but will harden. I tried at 15, 18, and 20 minutes. For my oven, 18 minutes was the golden time! The middle was slightly undercooked at 15 minutes and the bottom was starting to burn at 20 (evident in the photos). 18 was perfect. Every oven is different though so find your golden cookie time!
- Cool on wire rack.
- ENJOY! Don't forget to share with your loved ones but then again, these are really good and no judging if you eat it all on your own!